Sustainability In Higher Education
Community colleges, colleges and universities across the United States are rapidly developing sustainability programs. Those leading the way have hired sustainability coordinators and have comprehensive sustainability programs.
The following provide support for higher education efforts and have resources that may also be helpful for K-12 efforts.
- The American College & University Presidents' Climate Commitment (ACUPCC) Hundreds of College and University Presidents and Chancellors have committed their institutions to becoming climate neutral. The ACUPCC is not a ranking system but has been a catalyst for the development of college and university sustainability programs.
- Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) AASHE offers many resources. High School students might be interested in the AASHE Academic Programs in Sustainability
- Association of University Leaders for a Sustainable Future
- Second Nature, Education for Sustainability
- Society of College and University Planning
- The Talloires Declaration
Sustainability Rankings in Higher Education Institutions
- National Wildlife Federation's National Report Card on Environmental Performance and Sustainability in Higher Education
- STARS, a program of AASHE
- Sustainable Endowments Institute: College Sustainability Report Card
- The Princeton Review